Want to build a website and confused about where to start? Here, we created the perfect list for you. A successful website begins before the design stage. In this blog, we take you through a piece of valuable information for you. Follow our ultimate website development checklist from start to finish.
1. Set a Deadline for a Task
When you did not plan it well and start developing the website, then it will take up a big chunk of your time! To avoid being overwhelmed, you want to set a regular and weekly deadline for the various task of your website to do. This way, you can get your website delivered on time.
2. Selecting the Perfect Domain Name
Selecting a domain has been one of the best steps to start a business because this will help as your web address for your business life. When choosing a domain name, keep in mind some points. Like, It should be easy to read, speak, and as well as remember. Keep it short and containing the business keyword. Avoid numbers and hyphens.
3. Choose the best Web Host
Every website needs to have a web host. Faster loading plays a vital role in ranking search engines. Hosting services impact website performance in loading. So, keep some points in mind before you start looking for a web host; like
- Cost of hosting packages as well as keep in mind ROI
- Area of hosting specialization
- Types of hosting offered
- Reputation and customer support service through third-party
- Storage and Bandwidth
- Real-time support during emergencies
- Scalability, Compliance, Email features and Security
- Domain and Transfer fees of existing websites
- Cancellation policies
4. Build a Website Prototype
Developing a prototype will help you create a great website, and as well as identify and describe customer requirements. It does make the time worth it. As per the content architecture or navigational architecture model, it is a general website hierarchy of pages and sub-pages, which can visualize the layout of all elements and functions. A prototype helps in the illustration of all concepts.
5. Start a Work on Design
After approval of prototypes by the client, graphic designers take the final design step by shifting design and start work on website design.
6. Tips for Coding
In the programming stage, the web development process is useful to the creation of source code that makes the website live, dynamic, and responsive. Here, we mention some best coding tips. Like;
- Making code clean, simple, and as well as applying simple logic.
- Keep codes testing at regular intervals and use code auto-correction tools.
7. Tips for Advanced Navigation
Using different navigation schemes based on the website’s requirements, such as the main navigation bar, page navigation, and foot navigation, and bread crumb navigation. When you are creating navigation, then some points are kept in mind. Like; it should be clear, descriptive, concise, accessible, clickable, visual, responsive, scalable, and as well as tested.
8. Smart UI Elements on Web Pages
User interface elements are the parts we use to build apps or websites. It adds interactivity to a user interface, providing touchpoints for the user as they navigate to grab the attention of the website. You can create an eye-catching button, scrollbars, menu items, and checkboxes.
9. Creative Content Strategy
A great content strategy holds the audience around. Here are some points to focus on when you start creating content.
- To improve user engagement, know your audience and give them what they want.
- Write an eye-catching headline using keywords.
- Try using natural language to help voice searching.
10. Speed up your Website
Google considers speed when giving the pages a ranking. Users are impatient by nature and don’t want to wait for more than three seconds. They leave websites to load, given the show of loading animations.
Let’s discuss some points for taking fast loading to your website:
- Minimize HTTP requests
- Reduce image sizes
- Monitor your speed over time
- Use a Content Distribution Network
- Reduce server response time
- Enable browser caching
- Reduce redirects
- Monitor mobile page speed
11. Great Features and Functionality
Nowadays, simple and static websites hardly work to develop great features and functionality. Because people want to do a lot of things about it, and their expectations are higher. Here, we list some points.
- Your website should be dynamic, responsive, and updated in real-time.
- If your website has the number of web pages, you will have an advanced search feature for fast searching the targeted content.
- It must be mobile-friendly and load fast to deliver the best performance.
- Your website will give you the best security features.
- It features smarter UI elements to give the highest user experience.
12. Creating perfect CTA strategies
Successful CTA (Call to Action) design serves a vital step in the cycle of lead generation. As well as please learn the following points when designing Call to Action.
- Build CTA elements effective in catching user attention.
- To show your CTA elements, the use of colors, style, size, and white space.
- CTA location is significant, and the best place to bend it.
13. Content Marketing Strategy
Every marketing strategy of content starts with a specific goal and a real purpose. Let’s discuss things now.
- Keep a focus on the targeted audience.
- Research your audience and understand them.
- Set your goal and make your goals come true.
- Identify resources and distribute them.
- Create unique and engaging content.
- To promote your post, use the social network.
14. Client Testimonials
A client testimonial is a valuable part of every website. Let’s discuss some points.
- It’s create confidence on your website amongst newcomers.
- It shows the company’s skills and experience, products, and services.
- It highlights the quality and level of the number of users.
- That provides valuable insights into a user experience that you can’t put up on a page anyhow.
15. Update your Website Regularly
Regular upgrading of websites maintains your website contemporary and boosts the performance of your business, and as well as website growth.
- Keep web development technologies updated and constantly installing updates.
- Allow SEO recommendations during a web update.
- Updated and improve search navigation.
- Check different redirections, like 301, 401, etc.
- Test performance of CTA and site speed.
- Test links and repairs the Broken link.